The rice cooker has always been one of the most essential kitchen appliances in the Philippines, but did you know that you can use this staple cookware for more than just preparing rice? From boiling an egg to baking a cake, this humble appliance is definitely a versatile must-have for the modern home. Here are just a few examples of dishes you can prepare with your rice cooker:
- Eggs – Apart from boiled and steamed eggs, your rice cooker can prepare a variety of egg dishes like scrambled eggs, frittatas and omelettes. Just sprinkle a little oil, whisk a number of eggs, and add in your pre-cooked meats and vegetables. Set your rice cooker to “cook”, and you’re good to go.
- Whole grains and seeds – Rice cookers can be used to prepare oatmeal, quinoa, risotto, couscous, polenta and even fried rice, similar to preparing white rice. The difference lies in the amount of water being used.
- Pasta – Whether you’re cooking spaghetti or preparing macaroni and cheese, your rice cooker is one of the most effective appliances to use to cook pasta. The process is fairly simple, as well, and does not require measuring water.
- Soups and sauces – Speaking of pasta, you can also use your rice cooker to prepare a number of stews, soups and sauces. Depending on the dish you intend to make, the process can be as simple as combining all ingredients into the pot filled with water, and pressing the “cook” button.
- Cake – Did you know that you can use your rice cooker to bake your favorite cakes and breads? Just prepare your cake mixture, place it in the buttered pot, and press “cook”. For baking cakes, you may need to press the “cook” button two to three times.
As one of the most recognized suppliers of affordable appliances in the Philippines, Tough Mama offers a variety of versatile rice cookers that help you prepare several dishes, including:
- Drum-type rice cookers – These automatic, classic-type rice cookers are designed with a secure lid and aluminium inner pan, and comes with a measuring cup and paddle. Capacity ranges from 0.6L to 1.8L.
- Jar-type rice cookers – Versatile and easy-to-use, these models serve as all-in-one rice cookers, warmers and steamers. Rice cookers feature a non-stick inner pan and a built-in, easy-open lid.
- Straight-type rice cookers – Models are tough and versatile, and boast aluminium inner pans and glass lids.
Tough Mama offers only the best rice cookers in the Philippines for every household. Check out our collection and each unit’s specifications here.